Currently i am curious on how to increase Alexa ranking in website as my currently Alexa rank is 933,360. As in Alexa ranking is count from backward, as ranked #1 is the most people view and visit website. In Alexa ranking, Yahoo.com is the most people visit in the earth. Continue with ranked #2-youtube.com, #3-live.com, #4-google.com and #5-myspace.com. There was top 500 website on Alexa.com, you may come and check it out which 500 website is mostly view by human in the earth at Alexa Top 500. With less Alexa ranking on your blog or website means more popularity and more page view by unique visitor.
What is Alexa Traffic Rank?
About Alexa Traffic Rank
How are Alexa's traffic rankings determined?
Alexa's traffic rankings are based on the usage patterns of Alexa Toolbar users over a rolling 3 month period. A site's ranking is based on a combined measure of reach and pageviews. Reach is determined by the number of unique Alexa users who visit a site on a given day. Pageviews are the total number of Alexa user URL requests for a site. However, multiple requests for the same URL on the same day by the same user are counted as a single pageview. The site with the highest combination of users and pageviews is ranked #1.
Alexa's traffic rankings are for top level domains only (e.g. domain.com). We do not provide separate rankings for subpages within a domain (e.g. www.domain.com/subpage.html) or subdomains (e.g. subdomain.domain.com) unless we are able to automatically identify them as personal home pages or blogs, like those hosted on Geocities and Tripod. If a site is identified as a personal home page or blog, its traffic ranking will have an asterisk (*) next to it: Personal Page Avg. Traffic Rank: 3,456*. Personal pages are ranked on the same scale as a regular domain, so a personal page ranked 3,456* is the 3,456th most popular page among Alexa users.
More Frequently Asked Questions at Alexa
How to Increase Alexa rankings?
1. Install Alexa toolbar is the first step you need to do. As you can track your Alexa rank from time to time.
2. You need Alexa to rank your blog or website well, you may need to help Alexa to promote or your blog or site. Put your URL in this link and copy Alexa widget html then put on your blog or website to let people view and click. Its may help in ranking.
3. You can put link direct your visitors or offer download Alexa toolbar from your website such as i do on above.
4. Submit your article to directories site, it may help you in increase your blog rank.
5. Link your blog or website as below http://alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details/chuanling616.blogspot.com. You can copy on your own with changing chuanling616 to your blog or website url. You may put this link as your signatures on forum to promote your blog and website.
6. Submit your article to digg.com or stumble as it may increase your site visitors and from them your Alexa ranking will be increase also.
7. Ask more blogger or website to link back to your blog as many backlink will bring a lot of traffic and increase Alexa ranking.
8. Write more on Alexa blog or review. This may attract more webmaster and blogger visit to your site.
9. Sign up for upmyrank.com.
Today my blog easy make money online has Alexa rank 933,360. Hope after few days, it will move to more lesser and lesser.
*on 07.03.2008 my blog Alexa rank become 759,244